zondag 21 november 2010

Working with TPACK

Before I started with the course ‘pedagogies for flexible learning supported by technology’ I have never heard of TPACK. Now I dream about it....

Working with TPACK offers me some new insights. First, not only the digital technologies belong to technology, also the chalkboard or a timeline belongs to that term. Second, within those digital technologies there are a lot of technologies that you can use for education, such as GPS or the iPad. The digital technologies that arose in my mind are the computer and the interactive whiteboard. But I found out that there are more technologies that you can use in education. Third, that you can design a lesson based on different angles: the content, the pedagogical approach or the technology. I was used to design my lessons based on the content. When there is a chance, I certainly will design a lesson based on a different angle. Fourth, TPACK makes me aware of my own teaching with technology. Sometimes I showed the children a movie and then I thought: ‘Yes, I did use technology!’ And of course, I did use technology, but I did not really integrate technology in the content and the pedagogical approach. And last but not least, I think most difficult is to design a lesson based on the technological aspect. Maybe a computer or an interactive whiteboard is not that difficult for me, but sometimes you must figure out something new and I do not see myself give lessons with an iPad. But maybe that will come...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten